Arriving at KAM Kartway on Race Day
- Please be aware of the “Gates Open” time. We do not have track staff to assist you until this time.
- Pit Spaces are regulated. If you have registered for a Reserved Pit Spot then you may proceed to your pit area. If you are new or a guest, a track worker will assist you and help you find a place to pit. Spectators and visitors that arrive separately from race team may not park in the “pits”. Space is limited; however the owners of the old café across the highway have permitted us to use their parking lot for overflow parking.
- At this time we do not have a separate “Spectator Area”. During the races the entire area is considered and can be used for “Pit Area” (aka: Hot Pits) therefore if you are on property you must sign waiver and obtain a pit pass – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All Drivers, Spectators and visitors must sign in at the registration window.
- You will be given a wrist band to wear and it must be worn on your wrist and visible at all times. The band signifies that you have signed in, paid and that you are permitted to be in the pits during the races.
- Drivers will also register and draw for their race. You must be a “Registered Driver” to race, unless you are a first time guest.
- Fees are: $25.00 for Racer (2nd class is extra $15), Pit Pass for non-racers is $12.00 and children under 3 are free.
Race Format for regular race program:
- Drivers Meeting is mandatory and is usually done 2 hours after “Gates Open” time.
- Hot Laps (aka: Controlled Practice) are right after drivers meeting. (Grids are usually posted at this time.)
- Heats – There are 2 sets of Heats and the race order is posted on the grid. (See rule book for more information.)
- Intermission – Heat finishes are tabulated and feature grids posted. Race shop is open at this time to purchase parts if needed.
Note → As a value added service to our KAM Kartway racers, we leave the track lights on and track is available for Hot Laps, test and tune or practice for approximately an hour after the final feature races and awards presentations are completed.