Here are the Nominations so far for the KAM Kartway’s Special Year End Awards…
Best Overall Driver of the Year:
Shawn Marquez – Shane Marquez – Pierce Urbanosky – Jett Hays – Robert Ramirez
Sportsman of the Year:
Sean Knox – Landon bellows – Michael Buck – Marc Velasquez – Mitchell Mobley – Ben Saye
Most Improved Driver:
Katlyn Dixon – Wyatt Richeson – Jacob Ramirez – Bob Ramirez – Mitchell Mobley – Meric Wennett
Pit Dad of the Year:
Barry Dixon – Jason Bellows – David Tiroff – Vance Urbanosky – Rex Mobley – Robert Rowland
Pit Mom of the Year:
Mikah Knox – Elizabeth Rowland – Lee Ann Mobley – Loree Buck
Family of the Year:
Tiroff Family – Palonza Family – Mobley Family – Knox Family – Ramirez Family
Rookie of the Year:
This recipient is selected by KAM select panel from among the drivers who are in their first year, or first FULL Series/Season, of racing. They must be high performing in their class and demonstrate skill, knowledge, talent & passion for the sport. The class must be considered one of the highest competitive class in the series based on total number of registered drivers and kart count averages for the year. While competitiveness for their division based on age group, skill level, mastering of technique, & safe driving are some of the factors considered in choosing this award recipient, Sportsmanship is also a vital character trait that factors into the selection as well as being a Team Player (ie: they help pit crew with kart, root on fellow racers, follow the rules, etc.). This is a prestigious award at KAM Kartway and every recipient who has earned it has gone on to advance to higher competition levels and race bigger cars in their motorsports careers.
- Nominations can still be made for any category up until Saturday, Sept 12th. Please consider your nominations carefully as nominees should be of good character and reputation as well as demonstrate passion for karting.
- Series/Track participation level should also be considered and they must be a Registered Driver/Family for the 2015 Race Of Champions Points Series.
- We will provide all the racers (one per registered driver) a voting ballot on the 19th (Poker Run race). Voting will end on 9-26 so if you missed the 19th race you will have another chance to vote at the next race on the 26th (last day for voting).
- If you are not at either of those races mentioned or lost your ballot you may email me with your information. Your name along with your votes per category….make sure you are voting for a nominee. (No write in votes will be accepted.)
- Remember only vote once – one per registered driver (yes, if you have 2 drivers then you get 2 votes, etc.) Duplicate votes will be discarded.