Charities we support:
- Autism Speaks – Our season opener falls in the same month as Autism Awareness Month and we always try to have an event that promotes Autism Awareness. When Megan was in High School in her Film class she was part of a group that did a documentary on Autism and the family they highlighted touched our heart.
- Kick-It for Children’s Cancer Research – The September Fall Ball event is intended to raise funds for Kick-It’s cancer research campaign. This is a popular charity in the racing community and Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon are big supporters. Jeff Gordon’s Foundation matched contributions for the past several years and last year the KAM Fam raised over $1500 for the cause.
- St. Jude Hospital – Mike’s personal favorite charity.
- Racing 4 Vets – we offer sponsor 2 disabled vets free driver’s fees at KAM Kartway each year.
Causes we support:
- Youth Ministry – We hold a Faster Pastor race every May where the area youth pastors race each other at intermission and the winner gets the track’s 50/50 pot for their youth ministry group along with bragging rights.
- Anti-Bullying – Stompoutbullying.org
- Suicide Prevention – Kaley sponsors the K&K Yellow Ribbon Race every year to bring awareness to Suicide Prevention.
- Area Food Banks – Over the years Kaley and several other KAM drivers have volunteered at the area Food Banks. They all have been touched by this service of giving back.
KAM also supports our driver’s causes as well as their personal fundraising for their own racing. We want to make a difference and give when and where ever we can while at the same time being an example to others. We feel it’s important to teach our young racers the importance of giving back and being a positive role model in their lives.
- World Kindness Day – November 13th. This year they are doing a #CaptureKindness photo contest that I’d like my #KAMKids to participate in. For more information >>Click Here.